#snoopsnitch is an Android app that collects and analyzes mobile radio data to make you aware of your mobile network security and to warn you about threats like fake base stations (IMSI catchers), user tracking and over-the-air updates. With SnoopSnitch you can use the data collected in the GSM Security Map at gsmmap.org and contribute your own data to GSM Map.
This application currently only works on Android phones with a Qualcomm chipset and a stock Android ROM (or a suitable custom ROM with Qualcomm DIAG driver). It requires root priviliges to capture mobile network data.
- Qualcomm-based Android phone (see device list)
- Stock Android ROM, version 4.1 or later
Note: Custom Android ROMs like CyanogenMod may or may not work, depending on the availability of a Qualcomm DIAG kernel driver (DIAG_CHAR).
- Root privileges on phone
The following devices have been found to be incompatible and can not be used with SnoopSnitch:
- Unsupported. Devices with custom ROM such as CyanogenMod which lacks the Qualcomm DIAG kernel driver (DIAG_CHAR)
- Unsupported. Every device without Qualcomm chipset
- Unsupported. Samsung Galaxy S2 & S3
- Unsupported. Nexus 5 with stock Android
- Unsupported. Huawei Ascend Y300
- Pre-compiled .apk (SHA1: 18a661504bef5372e3adc7767fa5c245080210ce)
- Pre-compiled .apk from Google Play Store
- Pre-compiled .apk from F-Droid
- Source Code:
git clone --recursive https://opensource.srlabs.de/git/snoopsnitch.git