Libgcrypt is a general purpose cryptographic library based on the code from GnuPG. It provides functions for all cryptographic building blocks: symmetric ciphers, hash algorithms, MACs, public key algorithms, large integer functions, random numbers and a lot of supporting functions.
Version 1.7. has new algorithms and modes listed below:
– SHA3-224, SHA3-256, SHA3-384, SHA3-512, and MD2 hash algorithms.
– SHAKE128 and SHAKE256 extendable-output hash algorithms.
– ChaCha20 stream cipher.
– Poly1305 message authentication algorithm
– ChaCha20-Poly1305 Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data
– OCB mode.
– HMAC-MD2 for use by legacy applications.
* New curves for ECC:
– GOST R 34.10-2001 and GOST R 34.10-2012.